A full oil change includes the following steps, to help maintain performance levels and protect the engine oil from contaminants that can build up over time:
- Engine oil drained
- Replacement sump plug washer
- Oil refill based on manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Replacement oil filter
It doesn’t matter whether you have an automatic or manual transmission, a car transmission service is still an important part of keeping your car healthy and safe on the road. This type of service won’t take very long and includes the following:
- Draining out the old transmission fluid and removing and cleaning the pan.
- A thorough inspection of the drained oil for any indications that there are hidden problems in your transmission.
- Removal and replacement of the transmission filter.
- The pan is replaced, and a new gasket fitted.
- Your transmission is filled with new, clean oil and tested for leaks.
A vehicle inspection is when a qualified engineer comes to look over a vehicle in detail. They’ll also assess the vehicle to see if it’s structurally sound. We will also recommend if any work needs doing to the vehicle, so a prospective buyer can decide whether a purchase is worth it or not. If you have approval from the seller, you’ll be able to get a vehicle checked out by our engineers. An inspection gives you all the information you need to negotiate the best price for the vehicle. It also means there’ll be no nasty surprises after you buy.
The annual MOT, which is designed to keep both drivers and other road users safe by preventing dangerous or damaged cars from driving freely on the road, must be carried out on every vehicle registered as ‘on the road’.
Although this is a big benefit in safety terms, the costs of putting potential problems right can cause problems for vehicle owners, especially if unexpected repairs are needed.
Make sure you’re aware of any problems before they’re highlighted at the MOT, giving you more time to get them rectified and lowering the chance of your car being side-lined after the MOT date has passed. We can also make any repairs that we may find before your MOT is due!